The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide inactive project tasks in context view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to hide inactive project tasks in context view?

I have a number of projects that I've taken off the table for the time being and they still show up in the contexts view. I don't want to have to change all their contexts to a hidden/inactive context. Is there a way to create a custom perspective that will filter by Project:Active?

It sounds like you want to put those projects in the "On hold" state - that'll let the actions keep their own context assignments, but keep the actions hidden in context view when the Availability filter is on "Available".

Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It sounds like you want to put those projects in the "On hold" state - that'll let the actions keep their own context assignments, but keep the actions hidden in context view when the Availability filter is on "Available".

Does that help?
That is correct. I've put the projects "On hold" but they still show up in contexts view. I can't figure out how to apply the Project Filter in addition to the "Context Filter" that shows up at the top left of my contexts filter bar. The "Context Filter" only allows you to control active/hidden Contexts, not Projects.

That's correct, Rutilate, but you can use the Availability filter - in Context mode - to hide those projects and the actions they contain. (By choosing
View -> Availability Filter -> Available.)

Ah, now this is a duh! moment. Works fine.
Never mind, these are not the droids you are looking for.

Thanks for your help.