Originally Posted by lhotka
How did you get it working with Digest? Mine fails completely unless it's set to basic.
I just got 3-way syncing (ie., desktop webdav server, laptop & iPhone) to work using Digest authentication.
Now i can get on with my highly 'focused' (not) life.
If anyone's still interested, the critical things that made it work are given below.
1) Set up apache and webdav (OS X 10.4) according to Manas Tungare's awesome instructions here (including the 10.4-specific instruction in the Comments section below the main article):
2) In /etc/httpd/httpd-dav.conf, I have the authentication block set up like this:
I have the <LimitExcept> field set up like this:
<LimitExcept GET PUT OPTIONS MOVE PROPFIND>
require user USERNAME
It *didn't* work until I added PUT (and Basic didn't work for me without PROPFIND)
4) i set up the password file to match the above, using:
sudo htdigest -c /usr/webdav.digest.passwd "WebDAV-DigestRealm" USERNAME
5) I also had to specify the ServerName in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
6) Finally, it helped to clear the old Basic authentication info on each device, e.g., by deleting the entry from Keychain, or Unregistering in OF Sync prefs.