The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

MailActOn/Omnifocus question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am currently using indev's MailActOn (& MailTags) with Omnifocus and Apple Mail, and have a pretty gosh-darn good workflow, that I am happy with except for one little annoyance. Before I put in a feature request to the support ninjas here, I thought a forum post would be worthwhile. Maybe this post should go in Omnifocus extras forum though, not sure. I let the moderators decide on that.

So I have several MailActOn Mail rules where I flag messages to respond keyword and set a MailTags tickle date within Mail. That works all fine. Additionally, in the ActOn Rules, I also then forward the message back to myself (same email address) with the +omnifocus, so then the Omnifocus Mail rule will get invoked and put the email into an Omnifocus action. That works fine.

Ok, so what is my issue. The issue is I would like to be able to use the "> Project @ Context" nomenclature for these forwarded emails so the actions get put into the proper Omnifocus projects with proper context. The issue is the in the Mail ActOn rule, the Forward message action only allows me to add text to the BODY of the email, and not change the subject (add a > and @). In order for the email to get parsed by the Omnifocus Mail rule (aka, the applescript written by Omni group that does the work of this rule) the "Project @ Context" needs to be in the subject, not in the body. I don't want to add additional tasks/actions from the forwarded email (aka, by using the "--" in the body of the forwarded email), but rather the email itself to be the 1 task with corresponding Project & Context.

To restate, If I email myself a task with subject "Task 1 > Project1 @ Context1" Omnifocus will parse this correctly in their Mail rule/applescript. But Apple Mail rules/ ActOn Rules "Forward" action ONLY ALLOWS additional text for the body, NOT the subject.

Any ideas? Maybe just my own applescript to this, which I tried, using Omnifocus mail applescript as a template. I couldn't figure it out, as I am an AppleScript newbie, and failed miserably every time I modified the Omnifocus script with my own code.

I attached the screenshot of the ActOne rule if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rule1.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1199   Click image for larger version

Name:	rule2.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1200