The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Embed images for HTML (dynamic) without link Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My apologies if this has been answered before....

I am creating a document to be exported as HTML (dynamic) and want to add some image files. When I paste these into the column of a flow in OmniOutliner, all I can see is a link in the exported version when looking at it in Safari, which when clicked will show the file in a new window.

I don't want a link, I don't want a new window, I simply want to see the photo in the column I pasted it into.

Any ideas?

You'll see a link when you have the image attachment collapsed in OmniOutliner at the time of exporting. You need to expand the attachments so you can see the image in OmniOutliner by either expanding the attachment tags or by choosing View -> Attachments -> Display Inline

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

I have the same problem and the described solution doesn't work in my case. Is there another way to fix it?

Thanks!

What image format are they?

I tried with PDF and JPEG. The PDF always appears as link in html, no matter if it was expanded or collapsed during export. JPEG appears as link when it was collapsed during export; when it was expanded, the image is shown on the right position, but cannot be collapsed in html.

I think, in html (dynamic) it should behave like in OO, or am I wrong?

We try to make it behaves the same as much as possible. To the best of my knowledge, there is still not a good way of showing pdfs inline that works for all browsers. Firefox on OS X looks to be the problem and requires finding a plug-in for it, it's not supported by Adobe's.