The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diagram Layout - reduce crossing nodes, too? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using v4.1.2 Pro (recently upgraded from v2!), I am building a series of concept maps (different from mind maps in small but important ways). So far, I've been letting OmniGraffle lay out the map, which works well in general, but as the maps get more complex (i.e. connections spanning multiple levels in the outline hierarchy, etc), lines are regularly crossing concepts (boxes). There's a "reduce crossings" option in the diagram layout inspector, but that seems to only affect the likelihood of a connection crossing other connections.

So, is there any way to hint that connections shouldn't *ever* cross concepts, or (more reasonably to me) shouldn't all automatic layout modes avoid allowing connections to cross concepts, regardless of the hint setting?