The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CPU Usage at Idle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I envy you, Forrest! I'm stuck in Caminoland. . . .

I used to have more of a problem, but the more recent sneaky peeks have helped. I also used to always complain about the problem, but I guess I've sent in enough samples the issues I run into have been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
It's been over an hour with those five sites up, as well as a dozen tabs from a half dozen other sites. CPU usage is still in the 1-3% range.

Dual 2.7 G5.
That could translate to 20% on my PB 867 MHz. :(

Right now my entire system - with everything open - is "idle" at ~60% per processor. 30% of that (so 50% total) was a flash animation in Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Right now my entire system - with everything open - is "idle" at ~60% per processor. 30% of that (so 50% total) was a flash animation in Safari.
Yes, flash does seem to be a resource hog. It's good that I can block most of it with OW. FWIW, I have found that SafariStand's plugin blocker is more effective than OW's.

FWIW, my unscientific test on today's update dropped CPU usage by 10%.