The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How much time do you spend reviewing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been an OmniFocus user for awhile and I have had a couple of flirtations with Things. Basically, I've been looking for a simplier way to get my stuff done. No need to discuss the pro's and con's of both systems, that's been done before by others.

However, it has occured to me that the amount of time I spend in daily and weekly review may be a more critical factor in my ability to GTD, then the software system itself.

So my question is, how much time do you spend on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, reviewing your "stuff."

Not nearly enough. :(

The current article on GTDTimes says most people need between an hour and an hour and a half a day total for processing

Reviewing is an annoying thing. It forces you to invest time into the system intended to save you time by organising your tasks. Time that would be better invested into the tasks themselves.

However, without review you risk missing items. So doing a weekly review consumes about 2 hours every Saturday.