The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't save custom column choices Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In my Projects perspective, I have chosen to show two columns (other than the defaults of Name, Flag, etc.): Context and Due Date.

In the Sidebar, I've selected Library, and I can see every Project in this Perspective.

But sometimes I want to click on one particular project and print that out without the Context and Due Date columns. So I saved this as a New Perspective, and put the icon for it on my toolbar. It's basically the Project view without those two columns. When I click on this icon, I get a view of just the one Project, without the additional columns.

But when I then click on the Projects icon, I get the entire Projects view without Context and Due Date columns - which I WANT to see when I show all the Projects.

Is there a way I can save these two Perspectives? All my Projects - in Projects view - with those two columns ... and just this one Project in Projects view, without those two columns.

Thanks in advance,

/rb

Rogbar, if I'm understanding your request correctly, this is possible.

For the second perspective, you want to select the Project(s) in the sidebar, then select View -> Focus on -> <projects you have selected>.

Then, just make sure the "Restore: Focus" box is checked in the Perspective window for that perspective.

Does that do what you're looking for?

That did it - I had to use "Restore Focus" on the "All Projects" perspective too, but now it works fine. Thanks much.

/rb