The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus-Mail Links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckes
Dear all,

I have a problem downloading Curt's scripts. The link to the attachment (yes, the most recent one) only pops up a vBulletin form asking for credentials, but no dice (even with a correct password). Other attachments work fine for me.

Curt,

would you consider re-posting this thing?

Kind regards,

Klaus
Klaus,

The latest attachment downloads fine for me, so I doubt uploading a new one will change what you're seeing. Send me your email address in a private message and I'll send the scripts directly to you.

Cheers,

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smew
Is there any chance to implement the following feature?

- if you have MailTags installed, and write a note and select 'show note as subject line"
- the script would them pick up "Follow up on WORDS IN THE NOTE"

This would be immensely helpful to me, as people often send emails with very poor subject lines. It doesn't help a lot to have "follow up on Re:re:fw:Update".
Something like that should be doable. But I don't use MailTags, which means that I'm likely to get to other feature requests first.

What if the script had an optional setting where it would prompt you for the Action description? The prompt would be pre-filled to the default Action description, so you could just hit enter to send the item to OF. But you could also edit it before sending. Would that suffice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
What if the script had an optional setting where it would prompt you for the Action description? The prompt would be pre-filled to the default Action description, so you could just hit enter to send the item to OF. But you could also edit it before sending. Would that suffice?
That would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Hmm, nothing to learn from the scripts in iGTD. The only stuff done in scripts is the Mail-to-iGTD half of the equation. The rest is embedded in the compiled code.

coolie21, do you have MailTags installed by chance?
Yes, I have MailTags 2.0

Hi there,
I am having trouble downloading the mail scripts - all links just move me around through the thread.

Curt, can you help?

Thanks
Joss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolie21
Yes, I have MailTags 2.0
That's probably why iGTD link back is so fast. It's using MailTags' message URLs. I don't use MailTags, so can't easily script that part of it.

I'm testing a new version of my scripts that (optionally) work with Mail Act-On and include some speed improvements. Hopefully I'll work out the kinks and post those later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catten
I am having trouble downloading the mail scripts - all links just move me around through the thread.

Curt, can you help?
Joss,

Just keep following the links, they'll eventually take you to the newest version, which currently is in post #17.

Since these scripts seem to be getting some use, I'll post the next version to my web page and edit the links to point there. Hopefully later today.

Hi Curt,
Thanks for the tip... and I've downloaded them from your site!

Cheers,

Joss

Don't know if this has been posted... but if you go to customize toolbar... there's an icon there that can be added to the toolbar...

very nice...

Have installed both scripts.

Resulting Action in OmniFocus looks like this:

*Main heading:

Follow-up on Weekend Health News from healthfinder.gov, 6/17—List Subscriber

*Info beneath it:

INBOX
000101c7b11f$acf4dee0$34da66c6@prod.odphp
?*****Weekend Health News from healthfinder.gov

But there's not actually a "live" link to that INBOX message.

Thanks so much,
Any ideas?

Jennifer