The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new sync to iPod script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for this amazing script.

The only question I have is how I can get rid of the completed tasks in the project view? In contect view there are only the available actions but when I go into project view it lists also the completed ones.

Thanks in advance

This looks to be lovely, but just as people have been experiencing with the iPhone script, I'm getting the "Missing parameter for activate" message and the script stops. I'm using the latest version on CurlyFrog's site and Leopard 10.5.1

Ok this question is going to reveal me as a total noob but I don't seem to have a ~/Library/Scripts/ in which to find the folder that I'm supposed to copy the script into. What gives?
EDIT: also, what line in the script do I change to my iPod's name?
If I run the script right now it says "OmniFocus got an error: Some parameter is missing for activate."

Last edited by Melan; 2007-11-20 at 11:06 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Ok this question is going to reveal me as a total noob but I don't seem to have a ~/Library/Scripts/ in which to find the folder that I'm supposed to copy the script into. What gives?
EDIT: also, what line in the script do I change to my iPod's name?
If I run the script right now it says "OmniFocus got an error: Some parameter is missing for activate."
Just create the directory ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus and place the script in there.

I think the script locates the iPod on its own but I could be wrong. Maybe something is broken. Could someone confirm this issue?

Greetings

Aha that works, thanks.

Just to clarify, the script goes wrong at the very first 'activate'. Guess I have the same problem as KiltedGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Remove the line containing activate. It seems activate is not really needed anymore.

I will try my best to update the script with more functionality but I can't promise anything with baby coming soon...

Rod

Ahhhh thanks, removing 2 of the activates solved the problem. It works great!

PS congratulations on the baby

This script looks excellent; unfortunately I get the following errormessage:

The script 'ExportToiPod.scpt' could not complete.

AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Some parameter wasn't understood.

Any advise/input would be greatly appreciated.

OmniFocus 1.0 (v77.1.2.0.96900)
Mac OS X 10.4.11

I've had most of the above, but a couple of tweaks has got me to the stage where I'm getting the following;

"AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Can’t get every task of folder id "ihkmMbSGR3Y" of document id "fs1UqBP8c6n"."

My iPod has both project and context directories but only the project one is full. My iPod does not think there is anything in the directories. I suspect, looking at the names of the files, that there are many more tasks than I have currently outstanding so I might be getting completed tasks as well.

A search, which did include invisible items, has not revealed either the file or folder names.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A couple of tweaks HAVE got me...

My brain hurts.