The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Save page as pdf (or png, jpg)? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I imagining things, or was there a way to save the entire current page (including the part scrolled out of view)?

Or was that an extension for Safari like Saft?

This can be done in FF with Pearl Crescent Page Saver extension, and it's handy. I do it now in a separate app, Paparazzi, but would be nice to do right from OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Am I imagining things, or was there a way to save the entire current page (including the part scrolled out of view)?

Or was that an extension for Safari like Saft?

This can be done in FF with Pearl Crescent Page Saver extension, and it's handy. I do it now in a separate app, Paparazzi, but would be nice to do right from OW.
File --> Print --> PDF --> Save as PDF

Another way is to use keyboard shortcuts:

Command+Option+Shift+S

The two methods mentioned here will give you different results: File>Print>Save as PDF will create a PDF with page breaks, as if you had printed the page on paper. Cmd + Opt + Shift + S saves the current page as a one-page PDF, and I find that more useful for onscreen display. Note that in newer versions of OmniWeb, PDF files generated by the browser will retain hyperlinks, which I find very useful.

Thanks, but both mentioned methods give the same result: the page looks like it does when printed. No backgrounds, some format changes.

I need to get a "real" capture of the page. I guess it's Paparazzi or Firefox for this.

It would be nice if Apple built this capability into the OS. I use cmd-shift-4 <space> frequently to take a shot of a window, but I would like a way to take a shot of the full window with no scrollbars. I just submitted it to them at http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/ (not holding my breath though :D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owuser
Another way is to use keyboard shortcuts:

Command+Option+Shift+S
This rocks! Where do you guys find these shortcuts?!!?

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein
Note that in newer versions of OmniWeb, PDF files generated by the browser will retain hyperlinks, which I find very useful.
Glad to learn this!

Handycam - when you print, is you need it, make sure you select the Print background images option under the OmniWeb settings:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is also necessary if you are doing a Save as PDF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
This rocks! Where do you guys find these shortcuts?!!?

P
Personally, I learnt that one when OmniGroup used to post the info about OmniWeb 4.x sps at MacNN, many, many moons ago.