The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OSX Mountain Lion and OF!? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
But if you use ML, you should have an Dev-Account. So just look in the Dev-Forum.
Uh, no. I'm a beta tester for Apple, and have access to the Mountain Lion seed. Unfortunately, I do NOT have access to the Dev forums (or the Xcode betas, either).

Would appreciate any help that can be offered to get OmniFocus running on Mountain Lion. Not mission critical (I am running Mountain Lion on a test partition), but much appreciated as I'm trying to use Mountain Lion as much as possible.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepstein View Post
Uh, no. I'm a beta tester for Apple, and have access to the Mountain Lion seed. Unfortunately, I do NOT have access to the Dev forums (or the Xcode betas, either).

Would appreciate any help that can be offered to get OmniFocus running on Mountain Lion. Not mission critical (I am running Mountain Lion on a test partition), but much appreciated as I'm trying to use Mountain Lion as much as possible.

Steve
Sry, but this isn't possible. If you've access to the beta, you also have an Dev-ID, with which you can use the Dev-Forums.

And read my post above. Your problem is solved in it.

Quote:
Sry, but this isn't possible. If you've access to the beta, you also have an Dev-ID, with which you can use the Dev-Forums.
No, it is possible - Apple does have other seeding projects apart from developers (and I'm living proof!). And as an FYI, I do have a developer ID but have not paid the $99 for early software. I do have access to parts of the developer site, but not the forums or early release software that is exclusively housed there.

No matter - I filed a bug report and Apple engineering seems to have taken interest. I directed them to the post in the dev-forum listed above. Hopefully, Apple will help OmniGroup with a fix, or at least copy the substance of that post to our seed discussion forum, which is also NDA protected.

Steve

I really don't understand why you don't use the solution you already have there. I told you a few posts above, what you did wrong and how you can fix it. After this your OF will work fine.

In the same boat as sepstein. Any help appreciated.

Apple does have a program called AppleSeed where they give preview versions of software to developers. To my knowledge, these customers are not given developer login credentials. Here's more information about the AppleSeed program.

https://appleseed.apple.com/cgi-bin/...cts/SeedPortal

Will the plist edit be published here or is it permanently NDA'd?

Like many here I *might* have Mountain Lion but I don't necessarily have a full, $99/year, Developer Account.

Thanks.

Quote:
If you bought you App outside the MacStore, you've to use the one without MacAppStore at THE END.

Please read the post completely at Apple-Dev. If you've questions about how to use the fix right, ask it there please (NDA).
Hi - I did post on Apple Dev Thread but not getting any response. This fix definitely does not work for me. App is still hanging on launch. I would be very grateful if you could post any other ideas on the Dev page.
Using OF on a separate ML partition but trying to do as much daily work as possible using ML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau View Post
Hi - I did post on Apple Dev Thread but not getting any response. This fix definitely does not work for me. App is still hanging on launch. I would be very grateful if you could post any other ideas on the Dev page.
Using OF on a separate ML partition but trying to do as much daily work as possible using ML.
Done