The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't find overdue task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New user, so probably doing something stupid!

When I look at my actions in Project view, my 'out and about' folder which contains 2 projects, travel and shopping shows a red circle with the figure 1 in it. ie 1 overdue action.

When I look in this folder and expand everything, there is no action in red, marked as due today.

If I go into the Due view, there are no actions marked as overdue, just a few as 'soon' in orange.

Can't find this blessed thing anywhere.

Clicking on Library and going to the Perspective, show all option also doesn't reveal an overdue action.

I've sync'd to MobileMe and resync'd several times, no joy.

The iPhone app doesn't show an overdue task anywhere.

Any suggestions please? Have I missed something?, Do I have a ghost action trying to take over my life?

All ideas welcome

99.9% likely it's hidden by your current perspective.

Go to the "perspectives" menu and select the "All Items" option. Then go find it.

Marisa, you can also try setting your status filter (under the view menu) to "Remaining" or "Any Status".

The start date and due date fields aren't included in the outline view by default, but if you'd like to enable them, you can do that from the View menu as well. I know some folks prefer to have that visible in the inspector, but I find it easier to work with those dates with them included in the outline view.

Does that help any?

Thank you both for trying to help and I've tried both your suggestions, but that strange overdue task still can't be found.

I think it may be some kind of sync problem so I'm going to report this and will come back with any solution so that it could help someone else in the future.

This is just getting worse!

My iPhone app shows 3 actions due soon (tomorrow) which is correct.

The Mac app badge shows 1 orange action
Clicking on Projects shows 1 orange action and one overdue red action (the one I can't find)

Clicking on Contexts only shows the 1 orange task (the overdue one has vanished)

The Due view only shows the same 1 orange task

So, where are the other 2 actions that appear orange on the iPhone?

On the Mac they are purple, although they have sync'd through with the correct date etc.

I haven't messed around with any of the colours etc on the Mac.

I just can't seem to get this working correctly. I only have 6 days trial of the Mac app left and I really like the software, but I feel a bit insecure having a task I can't find at all which seems to be overdue, and other tasks that my iPhone thinks are due, but my Mac doesn't.

Maybe I'm too not clever enough to use this!

Are there any due/overdue items in your Inbox?

Does anything change if you choose "Rebuild Database" from the File menu?

You might want to give our support ninjas a phone call (at 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152), or send them email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com; they can walk you through trying to track this down.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-07-17 at 10:09 AM..

You must be psychic, I removed the sync through Mobileme on both Mac & device, and then deleted the database. Set up the sync again but the problem was still there. Next I rebuilt the database, but the problem was still there.

I did email the Ninjas, but I think our timezones don't really play well together LOL

Anyway, I fixed it by narrowing whatever it was to a certain context. I deleted that context and the real actions in there went into the 'no context' section. Then I set up the context again, and put the actions in there. I've sync'd this all through, and the problem seems to have disappeared for the moment.

Thank you very much for trying to help. The thing is I've tried every Todo, task application and system since I got my iPhone and this is the only one that I think will do the trick, but there's quite a steep learning curve. Still, I now have the whole weekend to watch the 2 videos again and try to 'get into' it.

Thanks again