The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you guys could make it so that OF opens to your inbox with an entry to be made would be GREAT, I mean think about it, the reason people pay 20 bucks for the app is to record on the go, IMHO

great app, great work, keep it up

rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatuser View Post
If you guys could make it so that OF opens to your inbox with an entry to be made would be GREAT, I mean think about it, the reason people pay 20 bucks for the app is to record on the go, IMHO

great app, great work, keep it up

rob
It pretty much already does that? When you launch it you can hit the inbox item while it's launching and there you are creating a new item. Note how the inbox item is highlighted before anything else... this is very fast.

I'd hate it to DEFAULT to an inbox item every time I launched, forcing me to cancel out. Because people do buy the app for more reasons than creating on the go... they may also CHECK items they have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
It pretty much already does that? When you launch it you can hit the inbox item while it's launching and there you are creating a new item. Note how the inbox item is highlighted before anything else... this is very fast.
And even better in the version to be released next.
Quote:
I'd hate it to DEFAULT to an inbox item every time I launched, forcing me to cancel out. Because people do buy the app for more reasons than creating on the go... they may also CHECK items they have to do.
Yep. I still would have purchased the iPod/iPhone application if it only allowed me to look at my actions on the go, but would not have spent the same amount for an application that only allowed me to add actions. Much more important (for me) to be able to refer to existing actions without limitation of scope -- capture I can do with any number of tools. Happily, they gave us both :)

By the way, feature requests are best sent directly to Omni via Send Feedback or email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com -- forum postings don't make it into the development database, unlike the other two.