The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Per Action Due Soon Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a feeling the answer to this is in the OF 2.0 metadata implementation, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Some tasks, for example those that require significant preparation, would benefit from a configurable 'due soon' date. For most tasks, the default 2 days is fine, but for others a 4 week or more 'due soon' is more appropriate.

Is there any way to get this with the current OF?

- Steve

I would suggest to use one or both of the following ideas:

1. use the "start date" for Actions that have to be prepared over a longer period and/or
2. use the possibility of setting special reviewing cycles for those.

in both cases youŽll keep a clean "due soon" but with the use of perspectives you get a very flexible approach to the more complex tasks and projects.

Will this help you?