The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rotate a Group of Text Blocks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I haven't been here for a while ... now I have a question.

I'm using OG Pro 5.2.3 to lay out a birthday party invitation. As background, this will be an 8.5 x 11" sheet, folded into quarters. To print correctly, the interior text needs to be rotated 180° (upside down). In order to get my spacing correct, I have several separate text blocks.

I placed my text blocks, grouped them, and tried to rotate the group around the common center — but each individual object rotated around its center, which was not what I wanted.

Is there a way to rotate a group around a common center?

Have you tried combining them via "Edit : Shapes : Union Shapes" and then rotating the result? ... Just a thought; more intelligent, omnigraffle-savvy people than me may know if it'd work.

Edit: Or enclose them in a no-fill, no-stroke box, group with that and then rotate that?

Our friend from Xiamen is right. I would place the text in a square shape; then rotate the shape. gives you a lot more control, alignment, etc, and just as easy. No fill; no stroke. You may not have to group the elements; from what I understand, you would probably end up with 4 shapes (each with text elements), in quadrants, each rotated differently.