The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"tomorrow morning"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
in kGtd i often used to type "tomorrow" into the start field to postpone something till the next day - it would show up the very next morning. Just realised, however, that in OmniFocus at the moment, "tomorrow" gives you 24 hours from the current time. This has tripped me up a bit, because items i postponed in the afternoon do not turn up until the next afternoon. But i need them in the morning.

How do others feel about how "tomorrow" or "next week" etc should be parsed? And is there any other way that i could quickly set a date for "tomorrow morning"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
And is there any other way that i could quickly set a date for "tomorrow morning"?
"tomorrow 7a" works.

Craig,

Nice tip. It will be better when there is a column for due date. Using real language is a great help. I am thinking of setting up textexpander to make it even easier to add dates. For example, I can set up nnw to expand to next week or ttm to expand to tomorrow.

Last edited by steve; 2007-05-30 at 04:47 PM..

I noticed even without textexpander "tom 7a" works.

EDIT: never mind, it actually doesn't.

Last edited by Craig; 2007-05-30 at 07:59 PM..

Wow! That is even better. These Omni folks are sharp!

nice, i'll use that. thanks.

i still think a date should be midnight default unless a time i specified

Whoops, I take that back, looks like "tom 7a" returns today at 7:00am. I'm guessing it ignores "tom" as something it doesn't understand.

While I'm here, for the record I agree that midnight as a default makes more sense...

I also vote for "tomorrow", "next week", etc. to default to midnight.

and "+24h" could be the specific alternate that would put you into tomorrow at this same time.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3600

outlines some of the stuff you can do with dates.

I'd suggest typing "1d" for tomorrow, that's even shorter :)