The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apache 2 WebDAV success Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Took me a little while to get everything working with apache 2.2.9, WebDAV and a self signed certificate. Here's some of the gotchas I ran into:

1) Make sure your self signed certificate has not expired, mine had expired so I generated another one using openssl. I was getting an untrusted security certificate on the iPhone app before this. I would test the URL with safari first, it seems to give more detail about a certificate being invalid, expired or untrusted, where iPhone app seems to signal all exceptions with untrusted certificate error.
2) Here's my WebDAV configuration from the apache httpd.conf file
Alias /webdav /opt/WebDAV
DavLockDB /usr/local/apache2/var/DavLock
<Location /webdav>
Dav On

Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all

AuthType Basic
AuthName WebDAV-Realm
AuthUserFile /usr/webdav.passwd
Require valid-user
</Location>
BrowserMatch ^OmniFocus redirect-carefully
BrowserMatch ^CFNetwork redirect-carefully

### Make sure you create /usr/webdav.passwd using htpasswd
### Make sure you add the BrowserMatch lines to work around a 301 Moved Permanently issue. My iPhone was failing to sync before adding this.

Hope this helps someone