The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nested Contexts Give Incorrect Badge Count in Context Mode? [BUG: Fixed in 1.5.1] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When there's an overdue task, the icon on the iPhone changes from the number of tasks due to only the number of tasks overdue.

It would be nice to have it either:
1) Add the number due, plus overdue into one number.
2) Show two numbers red and orange (although that could get ugly looking).

Last edited by gregz44j; 2008-07-15 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: change title...

Hi!
I even had the feeling that sometimes the numbers shown are wrong. Today i made the two attached screenshots. Either i have not understood how the count works or this shows a bug.
Watch out for context folder "Mac" in IMG_0003.jpg and the take a look at IMG_0004.jpg which shows exactly this context folder.
Shouldn't there be a red number on that context folder in the first picture?
Cheers
Silvan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	583  

Mine is the same as OmniFocus is that helps.

I think in OF it counts the project as undone as well.

BZ

It looks like the badge count is inaccurate when looking at nested contexts. I've filed this bug and we'll get it fixed, thanks!

I've actually been waiting to post this, because I assumed that 1.0.3 would fix it. It didn't, so here I am...

In my system, 2 of my contexts have several sub-contexts. One of those is the Context "Errands". So, under the context of "Errands", I have several sub-contexts such as "Bank", "Post Office", "Target", etc. I do this because I'm using the power of OF iPhone to show me a location based list of what errands I need to run - brilliant!

However, it leads to a problem. Say, for instance, I have 2 overdue actions in the "Bank" subcontext and 1 in the "Post Office" context, and 3 in the "Target" context... that's a total of 6 overdue items in total contained in the "Errands" master context. BUT, when I am in the master list of Contexts, the badge count next to "Errands" doesn't show 6. It shows some other, smaller number. I can't pinpoint exactly where it gets this number, but it is most certainly not a total of all of the overdue items in the "Errands" context. Sometimes it doesn't even show ANY overdue items in the "Errands" context.

So... is this a bug? A feature? I'd prefer to not list all of my Errands subcontexts in the master context list, but am I going to have to resort to that?

I've included a couple of screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	657  

Last edited by beharkey; 2008-08-15 at 03:25 PM..

<bump>

Anyone... Bueller...?

This sounds like a bug to me; please contact our support ninjas at omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com so we can try to figure out how to reproduce the problem. (I just tried without success.)

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

I did submit this bug on August 21st. I'll resubmit it if you like.

It drives me quite insane.

By the way, this was the number of the auto-reply from when I first submitted this bug:

[OG #344172] AutoReply: Contexts Not Showing the Proper Badge Count

And this is the auto-reply from the second time I submitted this bug (just now):

[OG #363585] AutoReply: Contexts Not Showing the Proper Badge Count

I'm still having the incorrect badge count problem described in these threads:

- http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9418
- http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8716

Hasn't this problem been solved yet or is something wrong with my database? (On my Mac all badge counts are correct.)