The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner file displayed as directory? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Ken
use OP w/ OG+OO on iPad3 yet OO file still displayed as directory with OG-iPad file browser

Thanks for the feedback, Marcus! It sounds like you might be looking at the one of the old import or export screens, rather than using OmniPresence in the document browser.

A few quick things to check:
  • Is your cloud account set up with the "OmniPresence" switch set to "On"?
  • Are you tapping on the main title at the top of the document browser to switch between viewing local documents and viewing your OmniPresence documents?

If checking those doesn't help, it might help to email a screenshot to us at omnipresence@omnigroup.com so we can get a better understanding of what's happening.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2013-04-09 at 01:02 PM..

Is OmniGraffle for iPad expected to understand OmniOutliner files now? It doesn't appear to do anything useful with OO files dropped in via iTunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We've solved this problem with OmniPresence, which is now available for testing.
Hi Ken
as of y/day nite opening an OO file in the OG file browser using the OP test account still showed the file directory..

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussommer@mac.com View Post
Hi Ken
as of y/day nite opening an OO file in the OG file browser using the OP test account still showed the file directory..
Are you talking about the dialog used to import files from a WebDAV server? The main document browser doesn't display directories at all, so I'm not sure how you would be seeing anything there.

(Did you see my reply above? Sorry, I should have noted in the original thread that I'd moved your earlier question to this new OmniPresence forum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Is OmniGraffle for iPad expected to understand OmniOutliner files now? It doesn't appear to do anything useful with OO files dropped in via iTunes.
No, OmniGraffle for iPad's document browser filters its list to display specific types of documents (diagrams or stencils) and shouldn't even see OmniOutliner files.

And, to bring this back to OmniPresence: OmniGraffle for iPad will only download documents it knows how to open; it will skip over outlines and other files that you place in the same synced folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Are you talking about the dialog used to import files from a WebDAV server? The main document browser doesn't display directories at all, so I'm not sure how you would be seeing anything there.

(Did you see my reply above? Sorry, I should have noted in the original thread that I'd moved your earlier question to this new OmniPresence forum.)
Hi Ken
indeed having moved my orig quote had me confused a li'l, thus I han't read your 1st reply.

Question:
using OO + OG on the iPad, I see no other way to connect to the OP service via the OSS setting, giving it my OP credentials which seems to wrk fine within each app on the iPad, yet w/ the I capability to open an OO file from within OG app.

You mention a OP cloud switch: is that within the iPad apps?

Another note: I had charged the OP root dir with OO, OG, OGS & OPlan files from the iPad which do display fine within the apps.
Yet the Mac OP app keeps showing up empty?

Quote:
You mention a OP cloud switch: is that within the iPad apps?
There is a switch on the screen you enter your credentials for the server but for the Omni Sync Server option it's hidden by the keyboard if you're in landscape orientation. It is on by default.

Quote:
Another note: I had charged the OP root dir with OO, OG, OGS & OPlan files from the iPad which do display fine within the apps.
Yet the Mac OP app keeps showing up empty?
I don't know if you've used any of our iPad apps before this or not, but it sounds like you are adding files to the server the same way you could before for simple import/export. That is still supported but not making use of OmniPresence. What you want to do is tap on the title that should say "Local Documents" in the middle of the toolbar when looking at the document browser. This will open a list that will have an option for any OmniPresence servers added. Selecting that will then show you files that are syncing with OmniPresence. Any files you added on the Mac should appear (if they are supported by the iPad app) and any files you add to there on the iPad will appear on the Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
There is a switch on the screen you enter your credentials for the server but for the Omni Sync Server option it's hidden by the keyboard if you're in landscape orientation. It is on by default.
Re-checked this. When entering my credentials into the iPad aps OSS import/export field, neither portrait Bruno landscape mode will show such a switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
I don't know if you've used any of our iPad apps before this or not, but it sounds like you are adding files to the server the same way you could before for simple import/export. That is still supported but not making use of OmniPresence. What you want to do is tap on the title that should say "Local Documents" in the middle of the toolbar when looking at the document browser. This will open a list that will have an option for any OmniPresence servers added. Selecting that will then show you files that are syncing with OmniPresence. Any files you added on the Mac should appear (if they are supported by the iPad app) and any files you add to there on the iPad will appear on the Mac.
Henceforth such a Local/OP-Servers title bar option in the iPad apps ain't there either.

Ah, so you don't have the test version of our iPad apps that have OmniPresence support. I just checked and we have all the info from you that we need so you'll be getting an email with more instructions once we've got you set up. Sorry for the confusion!