The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus vs. OmniPlan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all. I'm considering purchasing OmniPlan and/or OmniFocus. I'm a project manager, but I would also like to track my personal tasks like OmniFocus. Has anyone tried this? I would be the only one with access to the OmniPlan file, so my personal business won't be aired about with my employees.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew Atienza
Fx Production Services

I tried using both for a while but went back to OF only.
Mainly because it is too hard in my case to estimate duration of tasks in advance and I have too many mini tasks and loose ends that must be tied up so my OmniPlan is never correct. For project management OF is really lacking in some areas but I have managed to work around most of it.

I know OmniGroup has said that in future release they would integrate better. I am SURE that the people at OmniGroup use both and would love to have both work together.

Personally, I use BaseCamp because I need to access my projects from all over and to give other people access and would love to see integration between OF and that.

BZ