The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing default interpretation of natural language dates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to change the default meaning of some of the "natural language" interpretations for start and due date? Specifically, "tonight" appears to be defined as "today, 11pm" and I'd like to change it to "today, 5pm" so that tasks appear at the beginning of the evening rather than just as I'm off to bed!

This doesn't answer your question, but I've found it was quick to retrain myself to put in "5p" for that sort of thing, which is easier than typing "tonight" anyway.

What bugs me is that OF understands "tue" and "thu" but not "tues" and "thurs"...

I set my default due time to 5pm (a not completely unreasonable choice for tasks involving other people, which is a prime reason for something having a due date) so using "today" (or just the date) gets me the more conservative due time, and for something I know I want to get done this day but know that I've got the evening available, I have the "tonight" option. Sorting by due keeps the "tonight" stuff below the "today" stuff.

Thanks whpalmer - I'd been thinking more of customising start times ("tonight" meaning "when I get home") but I hadn't realised until Craig's tip I can just type "5p" rather than "today 5pm" which is as he says about as quick and dirty as it could be, so all's well!

Great tip. I was frustrated with the same issue.

I suppose everyone knows that "today" can be abbreviated "tod"?