The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keynote Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After playing with OmniDazzle for all of 10 minutes, it is clearly worth it -- IF the Scribble function (and one or two others) works with Keynote. I can't see an FAQ/Help section at present, but my attempts to get it working didn't do anything -- changing short-cuts etc. -- because the slides advance On Click or Automatically. Is there a way around this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royzemi
After playing with OmniDazzle for all of 10 minutes, it is clearly worth it -- IF the Scribble function (and one or two others) works with Keynote. I can't see an FAQ/Help section at present, but my attempts to get it working didn't do anything -- changing short-cuts etc. -- because the slides advance On Click or Automatically. Is there a way around this?
This is in the online help as of newer versions since this was a fairly common question. Go to Keynote's Slideshow preferences pane and check the "Allow Exposé, Dashboard and others to use screen" option.

Is it possible to change the effect of OmniDazzle during a running presentation with a keyboard shortcut? Sometimes I would love to use the scribble plugin, but change to zoom or focal point to show a special part of the slide. I don't want to quit the presentation for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Is it possible to change the effect of OmniDazzle during a running presentation with a keyboard shortcut?
Not yet, but that's on the wish list for a future version.

-Tom

I don't know if this is the right place for a bug report, too.

I used Dazzle during a presentation yesterday. It was on a Powerbook G4 12" with the presentation running on the beamer, while having the presenter screen on the Powerbook's display.

I used the Scribble plug-in to cross out some things on a slide.
It was a bit weird moving the (OmniDazzle) mouse pointer over to the second screen, but it worked. I also could draw the lines on the second screen.

But when I attempted to clear what I had drawn, nothing happened. I guess, OmniDazzle tried to clear the first (main) screen and wasn't aware of the second. Unfortunately, the consequence was, that I couldn't advance to the next keynote slide anymore after that.

The fortunate part was that it was my second last slide, and the last one wasn't so important. But I guess this is a bug that could be very annoying for certain users.

p.s. There was something funny happening after that, too: I have talked about v. Hayek's opinion on social justice (He doesn't like it very much). That was the reason I crossed out everything he didn't like about it. As this was my last slide, I kept it up when we discussed the topic. Some time later, someone made a good point rejecting v. Hayek's position and, as I was using the trial version, OmniDazzle quit after an hour, and the lines disappeared, revealing again what I crossed out before. It was a good laugh. When Dazzle quit, I could eventually even show my last slide. :)