The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

time in due column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One feature that I would really like is for when an action is due "today" or "tomorrow" (i.e., due soon), if I have inputted a specific time (e.g., 10 am) that that time show up in some form in the due column. At present I can see that OF keeps track of the time: the action will become overdue at 11 am instead of at 5 pm (this, among some other features is what made my decision to go with OF). However, it would immeasurably better for me if I could SEE that time as I move through my tasks.

Perhaps something like : 10A Today or, if there is a time displayed then perhaps it can be assumed it is referencing today and all that needs to displayed is 10 AM--although I kind of like the "today" display as well.

If no time was inputted, then no time needs to be displayed, the assumption being it is due at the end of the day.

It is just that several of my tasks have to happen at a certain time, and having the ability to SEE this would help a lot.

Use Help → Send Feedback to submit feature suggestions to get them entered in the development database. (See this sticky thread at the top of the forum for details.)

Curt

This feature already exists in OmniFocus 1.7.5, but it is disabled by default. You can turn it on with a hidden preference setting. Paste this into Terminal and relaunch OmniFocus.

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime YES
I've been using this for months and it works quite well. But if you don't like it, it's easy to return to the default behavior with this command:

Code:
defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime
-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
This feature already exists in OmniFocus 1.7.5, but it is disabled by default. You can turn it on with a hidden preference setting. Paste this into Terminal and relaunch OmniFocus.

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime YES
I've been using this for months and it works quite well. But if you don't like it, it's easy to return to the default behavior with this command:

Code:
defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime
-Dennis
Thanks, just what I was after too. Just applied and works great. Are there any more hidden features in Omnifocus?