The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ad Blocking not working on swf embedded objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, youtube.com has these annoying annotations that cover up parts of the movie.

(Yes, I know I can turn them off with two clicks, each and every time I open a video)

The way to get rid of them permanently is to filter the swf file called iv_module-*

So, as an example, the url where the annotations come from is:
Code:
http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/iv_module-vfl12345.swf
In my ad blocking prefs for youtube.com (and/or globally), I tell it to block the following expression:
Code:
/iv_module-vfl.*\.swf
which should indeed match the iv_module swf file.

However, it's the actual embedded youtube video which takes this file as its attribute, seemingly loading it itself, and OmniWeb therefore seems to ignore the regex entirely (so says the Error Log logging HTTP requests), thus loading up my videos with annoying bubbles that someone for some reason thought would be cute.

More info available (for a FireFox blocker) here:
http://kundaistreet.blogspot.com/200...notations.html

Thanks,
Craig