The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

when closing active tab above moved tabs, newly selected tab is wrong Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, the title might be a little cryptic, but here's the deal. Put at least five different tabs in a window. Select the second and third together and move them below the fourth. Now, click on the second one (which used to be fourth). Close it. Notice that the newly selected tab is not the third (which was second before it got moved; third afterward) but instead the bottom one (which was originally below the one you just closed).

Apparently, OmniWeb is not forgetting the position of tabs after they move and gets this screwed up. I think this only happens when you move more than one tab at a time. I can't recreate the bug with only three tabs, however check out what happens when you move tabs, select the top one, and close it. Select the new top one and close it. Repeat. Weird.

Be sure to send us a bug report via the Help > Send Feedback menu item if you haven't already :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Be sure to send us a bug report via the Help > Send Feedback menu item if you haven't already :)
Sure, Troy. I just though you wanted me posting bugs here instead of email.

"Send Feedback" is still the best way to make sure we see bugs, it's fine to post bugs here--I try to make sure things get filed in our bug database, this isn't though and I've been out of the office so I just want to make sure a bug gets written up. Thanks!