The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

columns questions. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to ignore columns in various different scenarios?
1. When printing? Is it possible just to print the body and leave the columns out?

2. I use the outlining program for lesson planning. Is there a way to copy and paste just what's in the main body and leave the columns alone? Right now, when I select what I want to copy, It grabs the information in the columns as well. I put information in the columns that I'd rather not share. Right now, I have to delete all that extra stuff.

Thanks, Scott

Yes, you can choose to not print certain columns. Go the File > Page Setup > Settings: OmniOutliner > Columns tab and uncheck the columns you don't want to print.

As for copying columns, you can kind of do that when pasting to a different document. All the columns data is copied when you copy a row, but it will only paste data into however many existing columns there are. So if you copy a row from an outline that has 2 columns, but paste it into an outline that only has 1 column, only the leftmost column from the source will be pasted (typically this would be the main body).

If you need anymore help with this, just let me know!

Derek! Great.
You've given me an idea for a great work-around to deal with my copy/paste issue. Copy from my outline that has several columns into a new outline with just the body. Then, copy that and past into my text doc. All the private columns are gone.

Thanks, Scott