The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

first-time sync in wrong direction Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OF on my macbook for a while. I just bought OF for the ipad, and want to sync. Here's my problem: I tried to sync the macbook OF first, but I didn't realize that my macbook didn't actually upload its database. I then sync'd the ipad which loaded its database into the sync database as the first database. Now when I go to sync the macbook, I'm asked whether I want to wipe its database and replace it with the sync database (which would be entirely wrong). How do I wipe out what's in the sync database and start over?

If you want to overwrite the database on the sync server with the one that is on your Mac, use the File->Replace Server Database... command.

Thanks!

I just had exact same issue and was at a loss. Thank you for this easy answer! Worked perfectly, and now I can start to get to know OF for iPad.

Worked for me, too. Thanks for posting the answer!