The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to bring back certain tasks from a previous backup. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good morning, all!

I had decided to recently try out Remember the Milk and use it for tasks that don't belong to a project (i.e., repeating tasks and so on). But now it's gotten confusing as I have to look at two different interfaces (RTM's iPhone app is very nice, just not as robust as OF).

Here's my question: I moved all the tasks to RTM, then deleted them from OF. I'd like to look at my latest backup that has these tasks, and import them back into my current OF file. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
Here's my question: I moved all the tasks to RTM, then deleted them from OF. I'd like to look at my latest backup that has these tasks, and import them back into my current OF file. Is this possible?
You bet! You can open a backup in a separate window, then drag or copy tasks and projects between the two.

Launch OmniFocus (displaying your main database), then use Finder to open the backup you want to copy your tasks from. Select any projects or tasks you want out of the window for the backup, then drag or copy-and-paste those items over to the window for your main database.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Ken! For some reason I thought OF would only let you have one file open. Guess I shoulda tested first. :)