The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I attach an image to a row (displayed inline, the original is .ps). When I print, I get a low-res (unuseable) version of the picture. I can't find anyplace to change the size or resolution of the image.

What am I doing wrong? Apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious. I can't find any instructions when I search the help, forum, or manual.

Thanks,

Mik

OOPro 3.6.2

Hi Mik-

There aren't any image controls for attachments, it should print as displayed (with the exception of cropped pdfs). What file type is your image in? .ps (postscript?)

Sorry, I meant .psd (Photoshop). Does "print as displayed" mean 72dpi (screen resolution) is the best I can get?

It prints at the physical size of the original (which is 300 dpi) but looks pixelated, like a blown-up tiny jpeg.

Thanks,

Mik

Ah yes, sorry. The images are being printed at 72 dpi. We may be changing this in a future release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The whole images represntation issue is a huge problem for me. The resolution is too low for most all the image work I intend to do with Outliner. And regardless of the resolution issue I can't get consistency in the actual printed dimensions of the low res file, sometimes it's tiny and sometimes it's too wide to print :(

Hope this issue is changed SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_M
The whole images represntation issue is a huge problem for me. The resolution is too low for most all the image work I intend to do with Outliner. And regardless of the resolution issue I can't get consistency in the actual printed dimensions of the low res file, sometimes it's tiny and sometimes it's too wide to print :(

Hope this issue is changed SOON!

If what's printing doesn't match in dimensions to what you see on screen (and you aren't printing cropped PDFs), can you send some examples to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com please so I can take a look at it?

A follow-up for Buck (and anyone else who needs hi-res printed images). I'm now using TAO outliner, which prints at the size and resolution of the original image.

Mik