The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnifocus with 550 zip Files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That's really strange. I'd suggest sending an email to the support ninjas. They'll be able to figure out what's going on.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
That's really strange. I'd suggest sending an email to the support ninjas. They'll be able to figure out what's going on.
Thanks Curt, I will do that. I figure that it has to be something I'm doing wrong, at least it usually is. I'm running the latest sneaky peek but I don't think that would make a difference.

Here's a simple way to get back down to one zip file transaction (with no waiting):
  1. Sync all your devices.
  2. On your Mac, open Sync Preferences, then remove every device (including the Mac itself) from the Clients list.
  3. Sync all your devices again.

All your devices should now be in sync with just a single zip file. Hope that helps!

Thanks Ken, that worked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
Thanks Ken, that worked perfect.
atreinke,
I did this very same thing; everything went down to 1.

Now today it's back up to 524. What about you?

I think we've all noticed the iPad version is a little...sluggish (I have a large db of near 5000 actions), but the iPhone version is very zippy--I'm sure code optimaization will help this.

What does having a large amount of zip files affect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
atreinke,
I did this very same thing; everything went down to 1.

Now today it's back up to 524. What about you?

I think we've all noticed the iPad version is a little...sluggish (I have a large db of near 5000 actions), but the iPhone version is very zippy--I'm sure code optimaization will help this.

What does having a large amount of zip files affect?
Mine went down to zero as soon as I did what Ken suggested. Now I am up to 30, which is not bad. I believe the more zip files, the longer it takes to sync, but I am not an expert on that, I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
  1. Sync all your devices.
  2. On your Mac, open Sync Preferences, then remove every device (including the Mac itself) from the Clients list.
  3. Sync all your devices again.
What do you do if you don't have a Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
What do you do if you don't have a Mac?
Sync all of your devices. This is very important; if you don't do this, you may lose data!

On one of your devices, open OmniFocus' sync settings.
Set the sync type to "None".
Press the "Compact Database" button that will now be available.

Once the compaction completes, re-enable sync on the device. Sync it.

Sync your other devices. If they ask you which database you want to use, choose "Sync". You are replacing the data on the device with the compacted database you sent up to your server.

Ok, just looked at my iPhone and I had 1,200+ zip files.

Did this and am now down to 45.

Is there a good explanation of this somewhere?

BZ