The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drag emails to OmniFocus Dock Icon to create link Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
You should be able to just select the desired email(s) in Apple Mail's list view and hit your clipping shortcut. There's no need to select text in the actual email itself if that's what you mean.

-Dennis
Eureka! Thank you Dennis!

Turns out the keyboard shortcut that I was using (option+c) was already in use by Mail? I'm still not exactly sure what it is in use for... maybe find next email by sender?

Interesting that this shortcut worked with the clipping when text was selected in the mail application.

I found a new keyboard shortcut
(Control+Command+Option+C) and the entire mail message was clipped.

The problems that work half of the time can be the most troublesome. If the clipping didn't work at all because of a keyboard shortcut conflict, then I would have found a different shortcut. But because it worked when text was selected, I incorrectly assumed that there was a problem with the OF clipper.

All this time I've been clipping text and not entire emails. Well no more. Thank you for the assistance.

Just found out another part that was confusing the keyboard shortcut.

I have Tiger installed on one of my machines. In the Tiger machine, you cannot select an email and hit the keyboard shortcut for it to grab the email.

You must select text in the email then the shortcut becomes active.

Not sure if this needs to be fixed. At some point I hope to be off Tiger on that computer. It doesn't have the specs to run Leopard.

Maybe the clip-o-tron isn't installed on the Tiger machine?

Barring that, I remember there being a couple of keyboard shortcuts that worked on intel machines but not PowerPC machines, but I think that was a cocoa-in-10.5 bug, so I'm surprised you're seeing that in 10.4...

I thought with Tiger, I needed to have MailTags installed in order for the clip-o-tron to work?

I'm using the mail with mailtags plugin. I'll check to see if the clip o tron is installed on the Tiger machine.

Thank you Brian.

I still haven't found a good shortcut yet.

I was using: control+command+option+c, but that is a lot of keys. :)

Now I'm using control + c, it works with Mail & Safari in Leopard, but not in Safari on Tiger.
What are the shortcuts other people are using?

Cmd-< (that is, Cmd-Shift-comma on a US keyboard).

Curt

I checked on my Tiger machine, the clip o tron was not installed, but it was still working, probably because of mail tags?

Anyway, I installed the clip-o-tron and everything is a go now.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

Thank you curt for the shortcut suggestion.