The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Data protection Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'll send the ninjas my feedback on this one, but I'd like to hear the ideas of the people here in the forum first. Do you think it could make sense to use the iPad data protection features to keep the OO files encrypted on the device? I think it could be very useful if transparent for the user (i.e. if the user had nothing to do, and could interact with the app exactly as now). I sometimes use OO to take notes on some sensitive topics, personal or work-related, and the idea that they are encrypted on my iPad would give me some additional peace of mind. (And yes, I know about remote wiping and automatic wiping after 10 failed logins: this is something different, however).
What do you think?

I'm all for password protection of files.

I'd like at least the sort of functionality that Goodreader offers in this.

and yes, I've submitted a feature request.