The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updating to new sneakypeek leaves old one in applications folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I think i may be doing something wrong when updating to the newest sneakypeek, seeing as i know have 16 different versions of OF in my applications folder. is there no way to keep the number down?
thanks

When you update, you are given the option to "Archive existing version."

Is that checked?

Neil

hi neil,
i'll have to check that out next time. also, is it safe for me to delete all the 'old' versions? and how do i decipher which ones are 'old' and which one's current?
thanks

It's generally safe to delete all the old versions. Since these are Sneaky Peeks, there's a chance that one particular version might be totally buggy and you'll want to switch back to the previous version. So it might be worth keeping one old version around.

The current version is the one named just "OmniFocus". All the others should be followed by a version number (like 77.9.0.103820). The one with the biggest number is the most recent one that you might want to keep around.

Will you ever fix this stupid bug in the updater for non-admin accounts, which is the root cause of this problem? It was reported months and months ago, before OmniFocus ever reached release. Fwiw, it affects all Omni apps using the updater and is incredibly annoying.

Yes, we're aware of the issue.