The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Entourage Sync...(again?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've read other posts regarding OF & Entourage syncing, but I wanted to get my request in. I prefer Entourage over Mail. I'm sure there are others who agree. (And others who disagree.) To each his own, as they say. Thanks.

[See my second message below. Mail really isn't as bad as I thought; it just doesn't have much love for Gmail.]

Why does everybody love Apple Mail? Mail on Leopard is completely worthless. It's hardly good enough to label it as an alpha.

Try using Gmail's IMAP, plus a few server-based IMAP's, through Apple Mail. Apple's mail app for leopard is pathetic at best. It is filled to the brim with bugs. Apple has completely given up on fixing extremely serious problems in the program, like its inability to pull mail through IMAP or simply quit so you can shut down. Check out the forums; it's everybody's problem.

Entourage, on the other hand, is off the hook. I had just purchased Daylite, and I'm seriously regreting it, because the main selling point was the mail integration. Looking at Entourage, it should have been a no-brainer. Entourage just works. Mail just doesn't, and I would love to see some OF integration coming soon.

Last edited by dconjar; 2008-06-29 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Change in opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconjar View Post
Check out the forums; it's everybody's problem..
Surely not everybody. I'm pretty happy with Mail.

-Dennis

Another vote for a little more Entourage support (especially a Clip-O-Tron, please!).

I realize this is a Mac-Mail-iPhone world, but some of us are stuck with Windows-Exchange-Blackberry office environments.

Until we have better Exchange support in Snow Leopard, throw us a bone!!

I'm not sure if it's Apple Mail or Gmail IMAP or both...

I'll have to flip flop and say that Apple Mail seems alright, and when MobileMe comes out, it will probably be much better. It just doesn't get along well with Gmail's IMAP. I used Entourage to move my Gmail messages to my primary domain name and I'm not having any issues anymore. It could handle IMAP better, but it desparately needs better support for Gmail's IMAP. Of course, that could be more of a Gmail-side issue, but it still is important. I will admit that Entourage definitely isn't perfect with Gmail, either.

I think Entourage support would be great for OF, but with MobileMe coming out in less than a month, I'm learning to love mail. That's coming from somebody that wanted to destoy Apple Mail a couple days ago. Whenever I'm angry with Apple, I wind up feeling stupid later.

Ok, so where do I find out how to sync with Entourage?