The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cannot find backup files after wrong way sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
OK, so I committed classic newbie mistake of having my (almost empty) iPhone overwrite my (very full) desktop app. Yikes.

Now, I know that there are supposedly backups automatically into my Documents folder. I can't see these anywhere in Finder.
When I select "Rebuild Database", yep, it opens up my Documents folder - but no backups there.

When I go into OmniFocus Preferences, I can see that the backups happened and should apparently be in Library/Application Support/Backups - but they are not there either.

I have done exhaustive searches and cannot find these backups even though in OF I can see dates and times.

I'm sure the fix is simple, but please help. Running Lion btw, 10.7.4. Thanks!!