The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show Actions Between the Hours of 12-8AM Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok after searching for over an hour on the posts I am not able to find the answer to this or a good springboard. Is it possible to write a script that will only show you actions that are only in the morning of the current day?

Or between the hours of 12AM-8AM of the current day? If you know of any links that can send me in the right direction that works too. Thanks for any help!

For nearly any sort of filtering or searching application, you should look at RobTrew's Where in OF script.

You'll also need to tighten up your definition of just what you are looking to show. Are you interested in actions starting this morning, actions due this morning, actions which are available this morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You'll also need to tighten up your definition of just what you are looking to show. Are you interested in actions starting this morning, actions due this morning, actions which are available this morning?
Sorry about that, yes actions that start in the morning mostly. It would be helpful to also show due items as well (although due and flagged items seem to show alright for me currently in OF 1.9.).

The main problem is all my "Start Anytime" actions are pushing my "Start Today" down to the bottom. Flagged items always have start dates for me and obviously Due items wouldn't show up at the top as "Start Anytime".
I can't figure out a way to just show actions for today and better yet start and due actions between certain hours. If I could do that I could set it for the day as well and two problems would be solved!

Thanks for pointing me in the right directions you are one of the three main Jedi's that I have noticed on this forum during the one month that I have been here (since I discovered OF). I won't mention the others for fear of offending someone but there are a few others that are close behind.

Regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 3.49.46 PM.png
Views:	953
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1951  

You're already grouping by start date, so just close the group for "Start any time" (and any other groups you wish minimized) and save a perspective, making sure the Restore: Expansion box is checked. Whenever you use that perspective, you'll be able to see the items starting today or recently without having a potentially lengthy list of items with no start dates to scroll past. If you keep on top of your workload so that you don't have groups for Started last week, last month, within the last 3 months, etc. this may be all you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
making sure the Restore: Expansion box is checked.
Good call thanks!