The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text in objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may sound like a bit of a straightforward question but it's got me stumped.

I have a shape and I want to position text boxes inside it. If I create the shape and then click inside it with the text tool, the object highlights and then wants me to enter text within the shape, rather than create a separate text field object. Not what I want to do. I've tried holding down any combination of modifier keys, using different layers etc etc.

At the moment I'm having to create a text field outside then drag it in — hardly ideal. Another way is to click outside the object and drag, releasing inside the object to create a text entry point there. This obviously wouldn't work too well if there were a shape behind that...

So how do I do it? There must be a way... surely...

Many thanks!

Joe