The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question About OF Weekly Review Process Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been looking around the menus trying to get more familiar with OF and I noticed there is an option under the Edit menu entitled "Mark Reviewed". If I click this option than I am assuming that it marks that project as reviewed and sets the next review for whatever time interval has been selected in the project inspector. I have two questions about that process.

1. Is there some visual change to the look of the project that would indicate that a project has been reviewed so that I can see what needs to be reviewed at a glance? If so I am not seeing it.

2. Is there a way to undo the "reviewed" status of a project after clicking "Mark Reviewed" so that it would revert to an unreviewed state? Perhaps this is done by changing the next review date in the inspector to a date prior to the current date?

Thanks. OF has been working great for me. I have been syncing with iCal and then syncing iCal with my BlackBerry. I use BB Tasks Pro to review my tasks by context. Very useful.

I look forward to the updates every day.

Owen

As for 1)

I set the filter in planning mode to "next review" and "next review" - when I mark a project as reviewed, it disappears from the list of projects to be reviewed. Is that the kind of feedback you want?

Owen,

I use an Active Project Review perspective. In Planning Mode, the setting reading across the View Bar are: Active Projects, Next Review, Unsorted, Remaining, Any, Any.

I have this perspective set to open in a new window. In my morning review, I open this perspective and review all the projects due for review today (or any past due for review, which sometimes happens when I'm traveling).

Curt

I thought there may be some visual indication of the review status in the project list without having to get into filtering. For instance a slight change to the icon, bold vs. regular print, or something along those lines.

For speed and simplicity, it would seem to make sense to me to work as follows:

1. Lets say that you like to do your weekly reviews on Sunday afternoon.
2. When you create projects you select a review date of the next Sunday and choose the "Review every 1 weeks" option in the inspector.
3. Once Sunday comes and goes without a review, the project title in planning view would go bold, change icons, or something similar to indicate that the project is due/past due for review.

This would allow for one to quickly see in the normal view what needs attention review wise. It wouldn't require any filtering. Just a thought.

Curt,

That works. Thanks for the tip. I still think it would be nice for some type of quick view option in the main working environment that didn't require any extra effort by the user. Seems it would be a bit more streamlined of a process and would allow one to monitor the review status of their projects while working through their tasks. The perspectives functionality is very useful though. I'll give that a try for a while.

Along the same lines, is there a way to make a default for new projects to br reviewed once a week vs having to remember to mark it in the inspector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Along the same lines, is there a way to make a default for new projects to br reviewed once a week vs having to remember to mark it in the inspector?
That is the default. It can be changed on the Data pane of the Preferences.

Curt