The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

oFocus size? (long load&sync times) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How big should it be? I've watched it balloon up from about 80K to 700K since 1.0.3 came out.

Just sweated through a 5-minute database load screen on the iPhone and then a 2-minute sync. Not fun.

This was after syncing 3x on the desktop, complete reboot on iPhone, complete re-log-into the wifi network with the iPhone.

Data came out OK, just surprised that it took 10 minutes and that my oFocus file is now almost 1 MB.

1 MB seems large, if you don't have a lot of images or audio recordings in there. If you right-click on the OmniFocus.ofocus file and show package contents, it will reveal a list of .zip files. Counting those (and noting the date stamps on them) is more informative than the total size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
1 MB seems large, if you don't have a lot of images or audio recordings in there. If you right-click on the OmniFocus.ofocus file and show package contents, it will reveal a list of .zip files. Counting those (and noting the date stamps on them) is more informative than the total size.
I'm finding that I still have to use the script "CoalesceDatabase.scpt" that Omni released to keep my database under control. It bloated as a result of syncing over MobileMe from laptop to desktop to iphone from 400kB to 1.7 MB in about a week. No attachments were added in that time. :/

I get a few days of zippy performance, then the file gets so large that syncs take way too long. I add a few items to the inbox, the sync takes minutes.

Yes, there's a known issue where if you've got more than 2 clients (sounds like you do), then the probability of all your clients getting to the same point at the same time goes down, so smooshes don't occur automatically, and your database grows.