The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Way to export Omnifocus to .mm file? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

New Forum member.
I was excited to read about RobTrew's script to export to OMPL files.
I am interested in attempting to find a way to use my database within Flatblack's Headspace app (which accepts import of .mm [Freemind] files.

Is there a way to export from OF to convert into an .mm file?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastinteger View Post
Is there a way to export from OF to convert into an .mm file?
If you open an MM file with a text editor you'll see that it has a fairly straightforward XML-style (though not strictly compliant) text format. The simplest route might be for someone to look at the Python script in the resources folder of this (.scptd script package) exporter, and add an MM writer function to it.

(Not a format that I personally use, so I'm unlikely to get around to that myself).

In the meanwhile, there are plenty of packages which read OPML and write MM so you can always start with an OPML export, and then re-export from something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
there are plenty of packages which read OPML and write MM so you can always start with an OPML export, and then re-export from something else.
(I have an idea that the free Mindnode Lite might offer one route for OPML → MM).

Rob,
Thank you for the thoughts on this. I will check out Mindnode Lite to see if that might be a good option and will then look for good ways to automate the process.

Thanks again!

Raphael

Rob and dvdsim1028,

Thanks for replies.
Unfortunately mindnode requires 10.7 and above; looks like I finally have a reason to upgrade (running 10.6.8.)--will have to wait until then to try that as a solution to take OF files into Headspace (as .mm files.)

Thanks--