The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Revenge! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You are certifiable, George.

I can see doing that before buying an iPad, but seriously, what did the Mac Pro ever do to you? They HATE iPads/phones and the rest. They used to be Apple's darlings, and now they get their processor upgrades eight months after the Windows PCs do.

Don't be a hater!

Thanks All. Just felt like expressing my feeling on the matter. Now though I feel bad thanks to @mcogilvie. :0

I will go buy the system from them... after I have OF ipad!

First @mcogilvie then @kcase (And on that note… can everyone waiting for OmniFocus please be extra polite to Apple on our behalf? Maybe send them some cookies?)

OK...OK... I'm calling them now to apologize and tell them that I am on the way down to pick up the system. Guess I'll be working in the lab tonight!

Can everyone waiting for OmniFocus please be extra polite to Apple on our behalf? Maybe send them some cookies? If you really think about how many apps have been placed in the App Store in its short lifetime, and how many compliments they receive vs. how many complaints it becomes pretty apparent that reviewing all those apps is a hard, thankless job with a lot of long hours.

I'm as impatient as the next person… But compared to printing manuals, assembling boxes, and shipping everything to retail stores, waiting 1-2 weeks for an App Store review seems positively speedy! (And if something does goes wrong in the process, it's corrected much more easily.)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-07-29 at 04:05 PM..

Ken,

We are the customers, the ones with the $$$ we don't have to be polite. It is only because of us that they are successful.

We want what we want and we want it yesterday.

BZ

(Oh, and we are always right)

I have 568 apps. Only 10-15% were free. I've never complained about any app review time for any of them.

Omnifocus is Very Important. If Apple doesn't understand that, it's dishonest for me to allow their misunderstanding.

Face it, the stuff you make is too damn good for people to not care. :)

and I know you get a lot of this, but thanks for making my life better.

Now take my money, dang it!:D

ps: gcrump, you are a MAN.

OK. So the new MacPro is up in the lab. The Apple store folks are all happy as can be. Still no OmniFocus, but I have decided to take out my frustration on VMware Fusion. Just how many Window 2008 VM's can you run at once? While running never ending robocopy sessions... Wow, I need a Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrump View Post
OK. So the new MacPro is up in the lab. The Apple store folks are all happy as can be. Still no OmniFocus, but I have decided to take out my frustration on VMware Fusion. Just how many Window 2008 VM's can you run at once? While running never ending robocopy sessions... Wow, I need a Beer!
Out of curiosity, can I ask what kind of lab? I always envy Mac-labs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Out of curiosity, can I ask what kind of lab? I always envy Mac-labs...
My company Storage Switzerland is focused on the IT storage space so all kinds of testing in that area as well as blog, articles and whitepapers. We do both large and small systems. Right now we are doing tests on iSCSI Storage, Cloud Storage, Deduplication, Cloud Backup. I'm also working on a comparison between VMware Fusion and Parallels. Probably of most interest to folks here might be the reviews we did of the data robotics DroboElite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrump View Post
My company Storage Switzerland is focused on the IT storage space so all kinds of testing in that area as well as blog, articles and whitepapers. We do both large and small systems. Right now we are doing tests on iSCSI Storage, Cloud Storage, Deduplication, Cloud Backup. I'm also working on a comparison between VMware Fusion and Parallels. Probably of most interest to folks here might be the reviews we did of the data robotics DroboElite.
ahhhh... That makes a lot more sense! I was thinking scientific research lab (unfortunately, they're scarce in Macs...). Thanks!