The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What size should a OF DB be??? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Obviously, this is a loaded question. Let's say we have 500 actions, no attachments, and three computers that sync on a fairly normal basis (within 3 days of each other).

What size should we expect?

I think there are a bunch of variables...

But, to give you a sense of the size of my database, I have approximately 500 actions as well and no attachments.

I sync 2 computers and an iPhone.

My database fluctuates in size between about 75K and 175K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beharkey View Post
I think there are a bunch of variables...

But, to give you a sense of the size of my database, I have approximately 500 actions as well and no attachments.

I sync 2 computers and an iPhone.

My database fluctuates in size between about 75K and 175K.
I have syncing three computers and an iPhone and mine has grown to 1.1 MB. It seems the growing problem is still there for me. I hope the 1.02 iphone version comes out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
Obviously, this is a loaded question. Let's say we have 500 actions, no attachments, and three computers that sync on a fairly normal basis (within 3 days of each other).

What size should we expect?
I have been using OF since early 1.0 betas (same database). I have no embedded documents or any other junk in there, just pure text/clippings. I have never archived anything.

There must be hundreds of projects and thousands of tasks/actions (is there a way to get a real count?). My database is 2.1MB.

Oh yeah. I use OF on the iPhone via MobileMe, and have had NO issues. I even have iDisk syncing enabled. Although I only use the iPhone to pull up lists/actions and occasionally check them off (think shopping lists). Still, have worked flawlessly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad131 View Post
I have been using OF since early 1.0 betas (same database). I have no embedded documents or any other junk in there, just pure text/clippings. I have never archived anything.

There must be hundreds of projects and thousands of tasks/actions (is there a way to get a real count?). My database is 2.1MB.
Here's how you can get a count of tasks/actions if you're comfortable with the Terminal:

Code:
sqlite3 ~/Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus/OmniFocusDatabase2 'select count(*) from Task;'