The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Line lengths without labels? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there an easy way to see the length of a line without adding a label with a length variable to it (a rather cumbersome procedure)? I've been rotating the line to the horizontal, looking at its length in the inspector, and undoing. Seems silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLModel View Post
Is there an easy way to see the length of a line without [a] adding a label with a length variable to it (a rather cumbersome procedure)? I've been [b] rotating the line to the horizontal, looking at its length [X-value] in the inspector, and undoing. Seems silly.
I tried both [a] and [b]. Personally, I found [b] far more cumbersome.

Why don't you try this idea:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ht=line+length
• place a generic line with a length variable in the label in your stencil
• use the line from the stencil, and draw it where you want it
• the label will show the exact length
• select and delete the label

Cheers