The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions don't work when exporting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Omni users,

I hope you guys can help me out here. I've build a fairly large interaction design in omnigraffle pro. It has about 40 canvasses that contain shared layers, linkbacks and multiple actions per page that show or hide layers and jump to other canvasses. It's a pretty complicated structure but in omnigraffle every action works fine.

My problem:
When exporting to PDF or HMTL image map, a lot of actions don't work. A lot of 'show or hide layers' actions don't work but also a lot of 'Jump elsewhere' aren't working. It seems pretty random which actions work and which don't. In my canvasses I've selected the 'Size is multiple of printer sheets', as I came across another thread where they said this was the solution. Unfortunately it's not:(

It would be nice to have a hand out format like an PDF so non Omni users can click through the design. Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thanks a lot,

Joep

I fixed the 'jump elsewhere' problem. I named my canvasses "P: pagename" (P stands for 'page'). Apparently the PDF and HTML couldn't handle these names. I deleted the 'P:' in every canvas name and now the jumping between canvasses works.

The 'show and hide layers' actions are still not working. Is this nog possible in PDF or HTML exports?

It's nog possible. ;-)

OG Help says that only "URL actions" are supported, but obviously jumps are as well.

By the way, it's best to avoid using colons in names on the Mac. The colon was the file path separator in the original Mac OS, and can still cause problems in some cases. You'll find that you can't use one in a filename, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gersh View Post
You'll find that you can't use one in a filename, for example.
That's not entirely true, but the system does go to some trouble to make it look that way. I have a newly created OO3 document on my disk named "colon:test.oo3", but in the Finder and in regular apps it appears to be named "colon/test.oo3".

Oke thanks for the help guys. Really to bad that OG doesn't support the show hide layer actions. This would open up a whole new world of possibilities when exporting! And it would take me al lot of less time to modify al the actions in my document:P