The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Please allow clipping without selecting text in Mail.app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Working in all respects here. Thanks.

It seems to work just fine as long as the message doesn't have a Resent-Message-Id: header. See the thread 'clipping from Apple Mail'.

Fantastic Tim - that works a treat for me. Love that it also puts the message text into the notes.

The only thing it doesn't do, which would be nice one day, is change the subject where it has been replaced in MailTags (by MailTags note field).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I've got this working, at least in an experimental and unfinished state.

To enable it:

- Turn on some defaults in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.mail BundleCompatibilityVersion 3
defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus InstallOmniMailMessageServiceEnabler -bool YES

- Relaunch OmniFocus; this will install a symlink in ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/OmniMailMessageServiceEnabler.mailbundle

- Relaunch Mail to load the new bundle

Your clipping hot key should work for messages selected in the top table now.
I stepped through this twice now, and it's not working for me under 10.5.1. I still have to select some text for the services item to become enabled.

-Steve

the new version of OF eliminates the need to do this. Make sure it’s installed and go to Preferences/Clippings. At the bottom you’ll see the option to install the “Mail Clip O Tron 3000” to enable clipping entire emails from the email list itself.

works great. And I love the humor in the naming. Gotta love a software company that produces kick-butt product but doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
the new version of OF eliminates the need to do this. Make sure it’s installed and go to Preferences/Clippings. At the bottom you’ll see the option to install the “Mail Clip O Tron 3000” to enable clipping entire emails from the email list itself.
Thanks! Works now. I especially like the fact that if some text is selected, it will pass only that to OF, so we have the option of including the entire message or not.

-Steve