The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Quick-Entry Daemon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As much as a really hate "always on" processes running on my computer. OF is one if the programs I would make an exception for. I would love to be able to hit the shortcut key and bring up the quick entry even if OF wasn't running.

Agreed!

At present, I keep OF open all the time. [One of the things I love about OF, and will love more once I can resize and format the columns, is that I can make the window quite small.] I do my entry directly in OF, and almost never use Quick Entry.

But it would be nice to quit OF say, when I was working on a large graphics file that consumes large amounts of RAM. If QE was always on, I could easily jot down ideas while working.

--Liz

Fine with me, as long as Quick Entry works without a daemon, too. I intend to keep OmniFocus running at all times. RAM is cheap.

+1 for this idea.

Quicksilver has become second nature now, because it is always there.

BZ

another vote for a quick-entry daemon from me too

I'll throw in my support for a quick entry daemon, and go one further, I'd love to see an omnifocus menu-extra similar to high-priority, except displaying next actions/tasks as they exist inside omnifocus and not ical.