The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do Actions On hold force the entire Project to be On Hold? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I set an Action's dates and status to On Hold in that single Action's Project (hierarchy).

But when I used the Due This Week Perspective no other Actions in the same Project - all of which were not On Hold - appeared.

What is the inheritance between Projects and ('child') Actions when one of them in a Project is On Hold?

(Why) does one affect the rest?

TIA!

You cannot place a single action on hold. The On Hold setting in the Inspector applies to the project, not the action (which is why it's in the Project Inspector, not the Action Inspector).

One solution some people have done is to create an On Hold context and set its status to On Hold. You can then place actions on hold by putting them in that context.

I don't have a need to place single actions on hold, so I haven't done this myself.