The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where is Folders icon? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Help! Someone at OG convinced me how great OO 2 for iPad is today based on the folders feature. I got home, bought the app, installed it on my iPad, connected to OmniPresence, I'm reading the manual, and I can't find the folders icon! The manual says very specifically that you click Select, tap an outline, and the Folders icon appears at the top left. I'm doing this, I have the latest version of OO 2 for iPad, I have the latest version of iOS 7, but NO FOLDERS ICON!

Please, someone, anyone, I really need help with this. I have over 150 outlines, I have 40 hours of work ahead me this weekend, OG just closed on the west coast, and I really really really want to be able to use this feature that I was promised by OG. It was $30 to get OO 2—no upgrade discount, even though I've owned OO 1 for years—and I don't care about the $ if I can just get this feature working.

If you can help me out here, it would be huge. Thank you so much!

Ken or Brian, I don't know if you're around, but you know who I am, as I've been buying OG products for years. I don't call for support much anymore, but I really really need help with this tonight. Thanks.

Never mind—I figured it out. The key is that you cannot create a new folder with the UI on the iPad if only one outline is selected; you MUST select at least two in order to have the "New folder" option. This is not stated in the OO 2 for iPad Manual: "Tap the folder icon (Move) in the navigation bar to move a file to another folder, or to create a new subfolder containing the selected files." Moreover, the document is incorrect in another respect: there is NO folder icon. There is a box with an arrow pointing up that has Apple-type "share" options.

I am glad that I figured it out, and I am doubly glad that the feature exists, but I am very disappointed that the manual is completely inaccurate, and that the architecture of the app mandates that you must select two outlines in order to have the option to create a folder.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sorry about that. The pdf manual was updated before 2.0.1 was approved. The manual reflects changes in 2.0.1 which moves the new folder/move UI to its own button. It also removes the restriction of needing to select 2 files to create a folder.

2.0.1 is available today.