The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner for the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Not to be contrarian, but I'd never use it on the iPhone. By the time you take tha little screen and add the keyboard in landscape mode, it's pretty much unusable. It would be the same experience as with other outliners I tried (but then never used).

I'm a heavy user of OO on the Mac and iPad but would not use it on the iPhone.

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Not to be contrarian, but I'd never use it on the iPhone. By the time you take tha little screen and add the keyboard in landscape mode, it's pretty much unusable. It would be the same experience as with other outliners I tried (but then never used).

J.
I do (with Cloud Outliner). Not for the big work but for adding / editing thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelp View Post
Thanks so much for the very kind words about Ecco. It's very much appreciated. You can tell from my request for an iphone version of OO that there aren't any plans in the works for a new version of ecco. I think I heard that Ecco PRO does work over Parallels, and i think its still available somewhere.

Pete
Hi Pete,
I'm another transplant from ECCO. In fact, it was one of Roger's posts that led me here in 2009. He had posted a question about ECCO here on the forum and my google search hit it; which brought me here. Great program! I first found it at a trade show in NYC so long ago. Just figured I'd say hi.
It's kind of interesting, and reassuring, that you've also found your way here to OO.

Later, Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post

J.
I would most likely use it to review outlines. With my current workflow, I would love to be able to check my notes on the go. iPad is great for meetings, but the iPhone is better when I get asked questions randomly away from my computer and iPad and want to quickly look up an outlines.

Hi,

I too am eager for an iPhone version of OO...

With the new (although still rumoured) larger screens for iPhone 6 and "desktop class" 64 bit processors, surely the time is ripe for a high quality version of OO on iPhone?

Great to read the post in this discussion from Ken early last year saying it's a question of "when" rather than "if" for OO iPhone.

With the new versions of OO for Mac and iPad complete, the new OF for Mac close (the beta is awesome)... surely that just leaves the iOS 7 lick of paint for OF iPad... and... OO for iPhone! ;)

It would be awesome if the release of OO iPhone coincided with the release of large-screen iPhone 6 and iOS 8... I can dream...!

Many thanks to Ken and crew for continually producing first-rate software. From what I've seen of the new OF Mac, it's the best yet which is really saying something.

James